March Beauty Favorites!
1. Dove Dry Spray Deodorant $6 All Major Drugstores/ Target/ Walmart/ Amazon - This is my favorite deodorant I've tried so far. The blue cap scent is light and fresh without being too powdery. I love how quickly this dries so it doesn't stain or mark my clothes. I have pretty sensitive skin and this has never itched or caused discomfort. Most importantly, it stands up to really intense workouts (ie. sweaty and stinky). I have one of these at home and one in my car at all times.
2. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout Concealer $28 Ulta/ Sephora - This is a new product I was eager to try. If you've used the Kate Somerville or Mario Badescu acne treatment, you are familiar with the system of dipping a into a product with the pink clay formula at the bottom. Those are some of my favorite breakout treatments so I was excited to see one of my favorite beauty brands, It Cosmetics, came out with a concealer version. I purchased the shade Light as Fair is usually too fair for me. It blocks any redness from showing through and treats the blemish while you go about your day. It's not fast acting or intense but I definitely noticed improvements in any problem spots that were bothering me. I think this is a must if you have hormonal breakouts or occasional spots you'd like to treat during the day while wearing makeup! You only need the tiniest amount so this should last a while.
3. Jo Malone London Perfume Nectarine Blossom & Honey $135 Nordstrom/ JoMalone.com I am a huge fan of Jo Malone products. I'm very picky with scents and can't stand anything that is too strong, alcohol-y or sweet. Jo Malone balances a very sweet sounding scent with an earthiness in this perfume. When anyone hugs me or smells me I almost always get a reaction like "ooo wow you smell good." The only way I can describe it is warm and welcoming in a summery way. If you haven't tried Jo Malone - get yourself to a counter now! They are very generous with samples because THEY KNOW. Once you go Jo, you won't go back. I also love how you can layer scents to customize. Some people complain that the scent fades through the day, but I don't mind that. I like knowing that the scent is never overwhelming/ overpowering to others.
4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette$62 Sephora/ Nordstrom - I use this palette almost every day. It's the perfect way to warm up a fair/ light face without going overboard or needing contour/ bronzer. The darkest shade I put where I would put a contour, just below my cheekbone, and it gives the most subtle dimension and highlights my face shape. I put the peachy color on my cheeks and use as my blush or under a blush for a more lasting rosey look. I use the lightest shade as a very subtle highlighter along the tops of my cheeks and temples to bring some subtle shimmer to my face. You really can't detect any of these powders, it just enhances your whole face. Confession: this is my SECOND purchase of this exact palette. I used the other one until it was completely empty. It lasted about 2 years of almost daily use. I think it's totally worth the price tag. Also these powders are so finely milled it doesn't feel like you have powder on your face!
5. Laura Mercier Mineral Makeup $42 Sephora/ Nordstrom - Confession: I've had this powder WAY PAST the point of when you are supposed to throw makeup away. But it's still going strong and lasts forever. As a part of my #makeupnobuy I started to dig through my collection and re-try old favorites. I forgot HOW GOOD this stuff is. My shade is Tender Rose and I'm loving it over a tinted moisturizer for a little more coverage and polish. I swear the days I wear this my skin looks like an Angel Doll Baby. That's the only way to describe it. When I use this up, I will definitely repurchase. Does anyone else still use mineral makeup? I forgot how light it is on the skin and how easy to touch up and reapply throughout the day.